Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So it is the marvelous spring break that everyone just waits and waits for. "It is the highlight of the spring semester." Bah. It is not that I have had a bad spring break so far, it is just... I don't fully understand the greatness of spring break, because I never really get a chance to just.. take a break. I planned to spend at least two hours a day at my coffee shop to just read, meditate, write, do artwork.. and I have yet to even step foot into the place. I have just been busy I guess. I planned on finally doing that today but then something horrible had to happen and I spent the day dealing with that. Isn't it ridiculous how things from your past decided to come back and screw up your life for no reason. Anyway, I am hoping to finally have some ME time tomorrow.

I am actually feeling a lot better although I still have a bit of the sniffles. In fact I have to blow my nose every five minutes. The head aches are still hanging around as well. But I am indeed better.

Saturday night was the magnificent St. Patrick's Day. I always seem to have great St. Patty's Days. For instance, last year was one of the funnest nights of 2006. I did have another wonderful St. Patty's day this year! I went to work that morning still sick as a dog and wanting to be anywhere but around my batch of hyper children. Surprisingly, my three and four year olds were very well behaved. They were just doing wonderfully!! The rest of my classes that morning were just as great, although small in numbers due to spring break. I left in a great mood and headed off to have lunch with the brilliant Gina. After a wonderful lunch full of old friends we headed to her house for our art therapy day. What a wonderful day it was!! Just sitting working on our art. We even watched Drop Dead Gorgeous for the second time this week. I adore that movie. REally. It is so clever and absolutely hilarious. It really isn't appreciated for the greatness it is. After our art day I headed to Stephen and Ben's house warming/st. patty's day party. I had a wonderful time. Not to mention the food was amazing thanks to the workings of Shaun-Michael. Brilliant cook he is. The night was full of laughter and good company.

Besides St. Patrick's Day the rest of spring break has been pretty decent. I was called to sub at the west branch and didn't know what I was getting myself into. I walk into this classroom and the parents just start going off about how their kids haven't learned anything and all they have been doing for the past few weeks is playing hokey pokey and jumping over blocks. I ws just amazed at how right they were. These children who have been in these dance classes for weeks didn't even know what first position was let alone anything else. And not to mention the fact that they were so poorly behaved. Their teacher has let them run around wild for weeks. Well I worked them hard. I tried to at least catch the kids up to where they should be. I also hired a new teacher for that branch. I feel sorry for the West branch because they don't even have an academy. Boy is that changing. That is my summer goal. To build and academy at the west branch. I think it will be quite full filling. I love sharing my passion for dance with children, and I can't wait to start this new program.


I am hoping to have some relaxing time over the next few days. I don't think that will happen because I will be spending my time reviewing applications and holding interviews to hire a new teacher for my academy. Someone who won't leave. I had to spend tonight getting yelled at by parents because of the fact that they never have the same teacher two weeks in a row. We had this problem when I started at the Y. That is the only class with that problem but the parents are still insisting on causing a scene and pulling their kids from the academy. I just stood there thinking "UGHH! this isn't my fault! Things happen! People quit there jobs and leave the rest of us in binds." Hopefully it will all work out. As of now I have a wonderful group of people to select from.

I have been lucky to spend time with the wonderful Crystal. It has been such a long time since we've had time to talk let alone have a lunch date. Twice this week we've hung out. How amazing is that? Today we went to our favorite place, Bella Luna.. and sat in our booth. Too bad they have a new cook at the central one and the food was not very good. We were very disappointed. We did have a chance to plan a sort of intervention on a friend of ours who needs to stop basically everything they are doing. This person needs to understand that he is not just hurting himself, but the people who love him so dearly. Everyone. He is hurting everyone. So... we are going to fix it.


I think that is enough talking. OFf to do more work... maybe work on some of my art...

T.

No comments: