Wednesday, March 28, 2007

La la la

I hit a high E flat today in my lesson. Brian was surprised/pleased to say the least. According to Him I am truly this coloratura soprano who is dieing to break out. I still don't even know what exactly a Coloratura is. I looked up some stuff and the Definition of Coloratura being: singing with florid ornamentation, powerful, dramatic, Acrobatic.
He said if I get these high notes really well then Marie will fall in love with me and force me to change me major to Opera which WILL NEVER happen. I guess I am pretty please with things though. Although I am sick I was hitting some unbelievable notes today with much ease.
I also have started singing a new song, from SIDESHOW.... and I have fallen in love with it. It is just.. I just love singing it. And it sure supplies that High E flat among other things.

Children of Eden has started, and let me say it will be one roller coaster ride, but I am excited. The music is amazing and we've already roughly learned most of it. Yes, most of it in two days... because in our department they like things to be rushed. Since I am still a little sick, I sometimes sit back and just listen to those around me... and so far it actually sounds pretty great. I know that this is going to be a wonderful show.
I am so excited for Dawn to arrive and start working the choreography, if anything what this show will have is amazing choreography from the original choreographer. Stoked.

Since spring break has ended I have been proud of my drive to get things accomplished. (especially along the lines of dance classes) ...
List of things this week that I am proud of:

-Today was the first day I actually jumped and turned on my left foot. Stepped right out and did a double with ease, which please me. I am excited that I am healing, just in time for Children of Eden. My jumps weren't amazing.. but hey... at least I got up the nerve to try... and it didn't even hurt that bad!

- I have actually been going to dance classes my friends! That's right.. yesterday morning I was in ballet class. Amazing.

-I managed to make it 20 minutes early for my 8:00am English class and I even participated in our intellectually challenged group discussions.

-I have been practicing my music out the wazoo and have memorized ALL of my music for the semester. (except for one of the two new pieces that I received yesterday)

-Although still a little on the ill side, my voice rehearsals with Julie and my make up lesson all went wonderfully. I was actually really proud of my singing for once. Its just... it just felt Nice to sing, and I haven't let that feeling come out in a long time. I have been so worried about all sorts of different things... but this week I just let go sang... glorious feeling.


-I have already gotten a head start on my next paper. WOW.


Anyway, now all I need to do is keep this drive up for the rest of the semester.

No comments: